Editor's note: Please note that names may be changed for confidentiality purposes.
Who is this client?
Liam is a young professional early in his career in finance. He worked in a fast paced, high pressure environment and he feels that his communication is lacking in clarity.
At work, Liam needed to:
- Support account managers with relevant research on financial and operating information
- Prepare concise, accurate, and well-reasoned analyses of financial strengths and weaknesses
- Provide analytical findings to account management team
- Participate in decision making with internal and external stakeholders
What were his goals?
Liam wanted to work with a communication coach to help him speak clearly and sound more confident. He also wanted to learn how to manage his speaking skills in different high pressure environments, like conversational turn-taking, and expressing himself concisely.
How did Speak Fluent's Speech Professional help Liam?
After 12 sessions, Liam felt more confident using the tools to control his pacing and verbal expression in different work environments, including speaking with people who don’t typically give others time to speak. He spontaneously expressed his thoughts clearly and at an appropriate pace.
To accomplish this, he learned to:
- Slow down and control his pacing
- Articulate the boundaries of words to sound clear
- Lessen presence of filler words and unnecessary verbal noise
- Structure his verbal expression to make a clear point
Need some help with your communication?
Our communication coaches are highly trained and provide support for various communication-related goals, including accent modification, public and professional speaking, and voice use. Book your free 15 minute consultation today or contact us and find out how we can help your speech needs today!