Editor's note: Please note that names may be changed for confidentiality purposes.
Who is this client?
Liam is a young professional early in his career in finance. He worked in a fast paced, high pressure environment and he feels that his communication is lacking in clarity.
At work, Liam needed to:
- Support account managers with relevant research on financial and operating information
- Prepare concise, accurate, and well-reasoned analyses of financial strengths and weaknesses
- Provide analytical findings to account management team
- Participate in decision making with internal and external stakeholders
What were his goals?
Liam wanted to work with a Speech-Language Pathologist to help him speak clearly and sound more confident. He also wanted to learn how to manage his speaking skills in different high pressure environments, like conversational turn-taking, and expressing himself concisely.
How did Speak Fluent's Speech- Language Pathologist help?
After 12 sessions, Liam felt more confident using the tools to control his pacing and verbal expression in different work environments, including speaking with people who don’t typically give others time to speak. He spontaneously expressed his thoughts clearly and at an appropriate pace.
To accomplish this, he learned to:
- Slow down and control his pacing
- Articulate the boundaries of words to sound clear
- Lessen presence of filler words and unnecessary verbal noise
- Structure his verbal expression to make a clear point
Do you want to improve your communication? As licensed professionals, our team of clinicians are highly trained and provide support for various communication-related services, including accent modification, public and professional speaking, voice use, and speech disorders. Contact us and find out how we can help you today!